Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rosemary Chicken with Shallots

This was my first time ever cooking a whole chicken breast in a skillet!  I realize this might sound pretty simplistic to many, but for me it's another huge accomplishment. I was paranoid that I hadn't cooked it enough. This was also my first time using shallots. They really have a great flavor and I loved how they made the house smell. I think next time I need to saute them a bit more though. The ones that were super sauteed were sweet. Those that weren't still had a bit of bite to them.  We served the chicken with mashed sweet potatoes.

Rosemary Chicken with Shallots
Adapted from RealSimple Magazine Recipe. Feb 2010
Printable Recipe 
4 T olive oil
4 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 shallots, sliced into thin rings
2 T roughly chopped fresh rosemary
Kosher salt and pepper

1. Heat 1 T of oil in large skillet over med heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 7-8 minutes per side.

2. Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 3 T of oil over med-high heat. Add the shallots, rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, stirring until the shallots are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Serve with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails