Monday, March 29, 2010

Easy Pizza (Cooking with Kids)

I discovered that the deli makes pizza dough at my supermarket and sells it in little balls for pizza or breadstick making. I think my completely homemade pizza dough from a few weeks ago was better, but this was pretty good and far superior to the frozen pizza which we've done more often than I like to admit.
I found a simple recipe and adapted it a bit for Charlotte. I prepared the amounts and spread the dough, but she did most of the rest. Although, I did help distribute things around the pizza some. If I hadn't everything would have just been in one big pile. I love the mind of a two-year-old. Note the cluster of whole olives. I tried to cut the olives in half, but Charlotte thought that was silly. They should just go on the pizza whole, or actually just be eaten immediately as she did also. We'll definitely do this meal again. I'm going to check and see if they have whole wheat dough because that would really make this meal fantastic.

Easy Pizza
Adapted from Parents Magazine article
Printable Recipe
1 ball of pizza dough from deli
1 pint tomatoes, cut in half
1 tsp salt
garlic, minced
Italian seasoning
oregano
olives
Parmesan cheese
Other toppings as desired

1. Heat oven to 400. Spread out dough on a greased sheet.

2. Combine tomatoes, salt, garlic, and seasonings in a bowl and heat in microwave for 3 minutes.  Cool slightly.

3. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan cheese, seasoning, tomato mixture, olives, and any other toppings.

4. Bake 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails