Friday, March 5, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles

This recipe comes from my recipe box. I'm not sure where I got it, I just know I've never done it.  It was a pretty straightforward recipe, but mommy brain can still complicate things.  I followed the recipe, except I forgot the eggs.  I thought the dough looked a bit odd, but I wasn't sure how it was supposed to look.  When I opened the fridge to put the bowl in I saw the egg carton and realized my mistake.  I just added them to the batter and all was well.  

Chocolate Crinkles
Printable Recipe

2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
4 oz melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled)
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c powdered sugar

1. Mix sugar, oil, chocolate, and vanilla.  Mix in eggs 1 at a time.  Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.

2. Cover and refrigerator for at least 3 hours.

3. Heat oven to 350.  Drop dough by the teaspoonful into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls.

4. Place 2'' apart on greased sheet. Bake about 10-12 min (until no indentation remains when touched).

Makes 6 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. These look like a cookie we used to get a Jefferson Junior High in the 70's. I wonder if it was my recipe. They were my favorite (well, next to chocolate chip).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails