Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Red Lentil Soup

Another favorite of ours that I just wanted to share. I get red lentils in the bulk section of Market of Choice. I'm learning what my true favorite recipes are in the process too. Any recipe I'd rather do instead of trying something new must be a favorite.

Happy Groundhog Day!

Red Lentil Soup 
From: Karen Guillemin
Printable Recipe

3 t olive oil
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 qt chicken broth
2 c water
1 c red lentils
1 large carrot
Juice 1/2 lemon
3 Tbs fresh cilantro chopped
In large pot, heat oil, onion, garlic for 4 min. Stir in cumin, salt, pepper. Saute 2 min.  Add water, broth, lentils, carrot, and tomatoes. Simmer med-low for 30 minutes.  Puree 1/2 the soup. (Using immersion blender works very well.) Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and top with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails