Friday, February 19, 2010

Mom's Best Brownies

Simple brownies.  My recipe title is "Mom's Best Brownies".  I wonder if I wrote this meaning my mom or if that's what was on my mom's recipe meaning it is my grandma's recipe.  I'm thinking they might be my grandma's recipe because the ingredients are so simple.

Mom's Best Brownies
Printable Recipe

1/2 c cake flour, sifted
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 large egg
3/4 c sugar
6 T unsweetened applesauce
2 T vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8' pan. In med bowl combine flour, cocoa and salt.  Mix. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.  Stir in flour mixture until blended. Do not over mix. Pour batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake till set- 25 min.

For chewier brownies: Replace the 1/2 c cake flour with 7 T all purpose flour.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails