Great meal. I made the yesterday and then put in fridge and cooked for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to warm to bubbling today.
From: Debby Blackburn
9 lasagna noodles
2 tsp olive oil
1 large red onion
1 carrot, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 lb chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
2 1/2 c canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 3/4 c milk
3 T flour
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, cook noodles. Transfer to bowl of cold water to prevent sticking.
2. In a skillet, heat oil. Add onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook til soft.
3. In a food processor, process chicken until coarsely ground. Add chicken to skillet and lightly cook. Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook uncovered for 5 min to blend flavors.
4. Preheat oven to 400. In med saucepan, whisk milk into flour and cook over me heat, stirring frequently until slightly thickened, about 5 min. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp pepper.
5. Spray 9inch dish. Dividing ingredients evenly, built lasagna in three layers: noodles, chicken sauce, white sauce, Parmesan. Bake for 20 min or until bubbling.