Thursday, February 4, 2010

Buttermilk Cut Out Cookies

A recipe I got from an old co-worker's mom.  Part of the getting the recipe was promising NOT to bring Michelle raw dough.  I never did because I never made the cookies until now.  As a cookie dough lover myself I had to try it.  The raw dough was good, but doesn't top raw chocolate chip cookie dough.  This is a great "sugar cookie" recipe.

Buttermilk Cut Out Cookies
Printable Recipe


4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c butter
1/2 c buttermilk (or 1/2 c milk plus 1 T vinegar)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Blend the dry ingredients really well.  Cut in butter, real fine like pie dough. Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. (Original recipe calls for hands, but Kitchen Aid works fine.)

Refrigerate overnight.

Next day, roll out on floured board. Cut in shapes. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Frost when cool if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails