Monday, January 4, 2010

Glazed Carrots

My first meal (Spinach Tart) wasn't too hard. No meat involved. It did take longer to cook- by about 20 minutes- then stated. Austin liked it. I thought it was okay. I'm not a huge fan of frozen spinach (love fresh!) and the biggest negative for me was that it was too spinachy. Charlotte wouldn't touch it.

As for the carrots, they were fantastic! Who wouldn't love carrots cooked in butter and brown sugar. The recipe called for pepper too and Charlotte thought they were too "hot". I'm sure it was the pepper. I'd do these again with less pepper.

All in all, a success even though I had to make my daughter a second dinner because she wouldn't touch the first. I'm really against this concept overall, but the pepper issue softened my heart.

Glazed Carrots
Adapted from Parents Magazine article
1 12-oz bag frozen carrots
1/2 c water
1 Tbs butter
3 Tbs  brown sugar

Place carrots, water, butter, and brown sugar in a skillet.  Bring to a boil and cover.  Cook on medium for 7 min.  Uncover and cook another 10-12 min until liquid is evaporated and carrots are soft, stirring occasionally.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails