Monday, January 18, 2010

Ginger Salmon and Mashed Edamame

I was excited to find this recipe as I have a ton of salmon in my freezer from my brother-in-law's catch this summer. I love salmon, but haven't really cooked it a ton in my life. I find touching fish much easier than chicken.

The salmon was delicious! The recipe was so simple too! Loved it! I will be doing this recipe again with some of the salmon still in my freezer and I think I'll also try and find a salmon cake recipe to try too.

The mashed edamame was not good. I really like edamame on it's own and this just felt unnecessary to do to edamame. It was slightly difficult as I don't have a food processor to do it in. I might actually have to break down and get a processor soon. I tried the blender and my immersion blender and got a decent consistency. I think maybe if the edamame was cooked a lot more so it was really really mushy it would have been better. But, like I said, I like edamame all on it's own anyway.

Ginger Salmon
Adapted from Parents Magazine article
Printable Recipe

Olive oil spray
1 lb salmon fillet
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with foil, coat with oil spray. Place salmon, skin down, on foil.  Top with soy sauce and spices.  Bake 10 min.

Mashed Edamame
1 lb frozen shelled edamame
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs. olive oil

Cook edamame, drain and reserve some cooking water.  Puree edamame, lemon, oil, salt, and soy sauce in food processor. Add reserved liquid until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the salmon was fantastic!
    We're having salmon tonight. I thought about using your new recipe, but your dad isn't crazy about ginger. I found a recipe for glazed salmon on line, will let you know if it's any good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails