Monday, January 11, 2010

Enchiladas

One of my recipes from my box that I've never done:

My mom's enchiladas.

Easy to make. Actually, so easy they could be almost considered a quick meal. I liked the addition of the cloves, although I didn't ground them up enough and got a few chunks. A little bit of cloves goes a long way!

Enchiladas
Printable Recipe

1 lb ground beef
1 can (6oz) tomato paste
1 can (4 1/2oz) chopped or sliced olives
1/4 tsp ground cloves (or less! A little goes a long way)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 dozen tortillas
Topping
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 c shredded cheese

Brown beef. Add rest and simmer 5 min. Heat tortillas in hot oven to make pliable. Put spoonfuls of meat mix in each tortilla.  Roll up and place in shallow baking dish. Top with tomato sauce and cheese. Bake 375 for 20 min.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I put some cloves in a pot of beans with ham after the holidays and your dad wouldn't eat them. I had a lot of beans to eat on my own. Too many beans do not equal a happy digestive system!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails