Friday, January 8, 2010

All You Do Is...

My wonderful and supportive mom had a great idea for me today. Get a pork roast. Put it in the crock pot. And, voila, shredded pork for all kinds of meals. Maybe I haven't explained my complete ineptness with meat fully...

First of all, I haven't the foggiest what a pork roast looks like. I realize I can read packages, but I'm already intimidated by step 1 of this process. Two, I haven't a clue what else to put in the crock pot, if anything. I'd think something with a little moisture so it doesn't stick to the bottom and burn, but maybe I'm wrong. Three, "all kinds of meals"? Like what?

I know how to do one thing with chicken breasts- put it on the BBQ. I haven't a clue how to bake, broil, boil, or do anything involving the stove or oven with chicken. I know how to do two things with ground beef. Tacos or meat spaghetti sauce. Shredded pork? You might as well give me frog legs or squid to work with.

But hopefully by the end of this year I'll be saying crazy things about pork roasts, crock pots, shredded pork, and all the meals I'm making with them. :-)

1 comment:

  1. You can buy pork roast at Costco--four of them to a pack. Freeze three in their wrappers, put the other one in your crock pot with 1/2 an onion and one diced jalapeno pepper without the seeds. Cook on medium for 8-10 hours. Pull out of the pot, put on a plate, take two forks and pull the meat apart. Use on sandwiches with BBQ sauce or put in any good Mexican entree.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails